Indian Railways, with its vast network and presence across the length and breadth of the country, has always been at the forefront to serve the society. Inspired by the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for a New India by 2022, Railways is taking various initiatives for upgrading its infrastructure, technology, hygiene among host of other things for an enhanced passenger experience.
Railways has identified opportunities in areas wherein corporate collaborations can be fostered which can positively impact the entire ecosystem under Railways.
These collaborations can be leveraged for the welfare of large number of people not limited to passengers but the entire community living around more than 8,700 stations across the country belonging to different *categories. The collaboration with Indian Railways will help corporates in utilising CSR Funds with certainty of impact for every rupee spent. The initiatives identified by Railways for funding through CSR Funds are covered by the Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014 published by Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
In order to set higher standards of cleanliness, environmental sustainability, improving hygiene and reduce digital divide, Indian Railways is taking various measures and looking for potential CSR partners to scale up following facilities at Railway Stations-
- Construction of toilets in circulating areas of all stations with provision of low cost sanitary pad vending machine & incinerator in female toilets and condom vending machine in male toilets
- Providing free Wifi at stations preferably with provision of Kiosks
- Provision of Benches at station Platforms and Waiting Halls
- Bottle crushing machines at major stations for ensuring environmental sustainability. The empty water/cold drink bottles generated from the Railway passengers will be crushed in these machines to manage plastic pollution
- Dustbins at all stations will help in preventing littering around. Separate dustbins for wet/dry waste need to be provided at Circulating area of Station and Platforms
- Any other facility, amenity or service which a CSR partner may like to provide on/near Railway stations or on trains as per CSR guidelines of Railway Board
Categories of Stations(Based on passenger earnings and/or outward passengers handled at the station for the year 2016-17)